Hours & Meetings
Town Officers
Town Clerk
Transfer Station
Planning & Zoning
Conservation Commission
Town Info.
Fire District No. 1
Town Officer Directory
Site Map
Wallingford Seniors
Gilbert Hart Library
Energy Committee
Wallingford Historical Society
Merchants Map
Park & Ride Facility

Town of Wallingford
Town Clerk & Treasurer

Town Clerk/Treasurer: Julie Sharon
Assistant Town Clerks and Treasurers: Deborah Chilson & Jill Stone-Teer

75 School Street
Wallingford, VT  05773
(802) 446-2336
(fax) (802) 446-3174

Welcome to our town.  The Town Clerk's Office Provides the Following Services:

  • Vehicle registration renewals

  • Voter registration

  • Tax Collection

  • Tax Information

  • Dog Licensing

  • Recording official documents

  • Issue civil marriage licenses

  • Maintain Town records, such as land records, maps, minutes of meetings, etc.

  • Notary public

  • Transfer Station Punch Cards

  • Hunting & Fishing Licenses

  • Green Mountain Passports

  • Monthly Wallingford Newsletter

If you have any other suggestions as to how the Town Clerk's office can provide a higher level of service, please give us a call at 446-2336.  If you wish any information about our town, please feel free to call or visit us.  We’re open Monday - Thursday 8:00 A.M.– 4:30 P.M. and Friday 8:00 A.M. - Noon. 

Tax Collection

Tax bills are mailed ONLY once every August for the tax year.  One-half payment is due in October, and the remaining one-half payment is due in April.  If you purchase a property after the tax bills are mailed, you will not receive a new bill in your name until the following tax year mailing.  Your attorney should have made you aware of this and all outstanding taxes due are your responsibility.  Contact the Town Clerk's office if you need a copy of the bill at (802) 446-2336.

The Town of Wallingford will charge a $25 fee for all checks returned for any reason.

Tax Information

2014 Vermont Homestead Declaration Form HS-122 Section A

Vermont resident homeowners must annually file a Declaration of Homestead on their principal dwelling.  Due date is April 15, 2014.  Late filing penalties will be applied.




2013 Property Tax Adjustment Claim Form HS-122 Section B
Eligible Homestead owners must annually file a claim to receive an adjustment to property tax. Generally an adjustment is not available to households whose income is $99,000 or more.  Property tax adjustments may be filed up to October 15, 2014.

You may be eligible for an adjustment if:
  • You have filed a Vermont Homestead;
  • You were a Vermont resident all of calendar 2013; and
  • You are not claimed as a dependent of another taxpayer for tax year 2013.

Documents you will need to file:

  • Copy of 2013/2014 property tax bill
  • Income information for you, your spouse/civil union partner, and all other members of the households such as W-2, 1099, SSA-1099, SSA-1042S, RRB-1099, RRB-1045, business income information

Homestead Declaration Assistance
Tel: 1-866-828-2865 (toll-free in VT) or 802-828-2865 (local & out-of-state) Fax: 802-828-2720

Dog Licensing Information

Dog licensing is an annual event. Dogs more than six months of age may be licensed any time after January 1st of a calendar year, but must be licensed no later than April 1st of the same year in order to avoid the additional fee assessment. If a dog reaches 6 months of age after April 1st, the owner must apply for a license within 30 days; the fee is reduced by half after October 1st.

All dogs must have a current rabies vaccination. All dogs over three months of age shall be vaccinated against rabies.  The initial vaccination shall be valid for 12 months.  Within 9 to 12 months of the initial vaccination, the animal must receive a booster vaccination.  All subsequent vaccinations following the initial vaccination shall be valid for 36 months.

Dog Licensing Fees:

Type of Dog Fee
Male/Female Fixed (by 4/1)
     After 4/1
Female Unspayed (by 4/1)
     After 4/1
Male not neutered (by 4/1)
     After 4/1

We have a leash law that states that a person shall not allow a dog to run at large except upon the property of the owner.

Remember to license, leash and love your pet!

Green Mountain Passports

The Green Mountain Passport Program was started in 1973 by enactment of the Vermont General Assembly.  To be eligible for a passport, you must be:  a resident of Vermont, and 62 years old or older, or totally disabled as a result of disease or injury suffered while serving in the armed forces, or a resident of the Vermont Veterans Home in Bennington.  Passports holders are eligible statewide for reduced prices on goods and services from hundreds of Vermont private businesses and for free admission to state parks, museums and fully state-sponsored events.  Apply for a passport at the Town Clerk's office for $2.00.  Questions, call 1-800-642-5119.


Wallingford does have zoning regulations; therefore, you need to obtain a permit for new structures, renovations, additions, septic systems, etc. costing over $2,000; and for subdivisions, home occupations, variances, and conditional uses.  The Zoning Administrator can be reached at 446-2974.


The Transfer Station is a service provided to property owners and renters. The Transfer Station is located on Waldo Lane, just west of Route 140W after the bridge. The Transfer Station is open Mondays & Wednesdays Noon – 5:00 P.M. and Saturdays 8:00 A.M.–Noon.  All garbage must be in bags and the transfer station attendant will punch a hole in your punch card. Annually, property owners receive a packet containing one 50-hole and one 20-hole punch card with their tax bills. Residents can purchase additional cards at either the Town Hall or Transfer Station. The 20-hole punch card is $20; the 50-hole punch card is $50.

There are also varying fees for scrap metal, furniture, tires, and other materials. We host household hazardous waste days two times a year. You can recycle for free including e-waste.  Returnable bottle and can donations are accepted on behalf of the Wallingford Elementary School for their environmental education program.

This page last updated on 04/14/2014


Home     Hours & Meetings     Town Officers     Selectboard     Town Clerk   Town Officer Directory 
Transfer Station     Recreation    Roads     Planning & Zoning     Conservation Commission    
Gilbert Hart Library 
    Town Info.     Community         FAQs      Links     Site Map    Web
Site Policy Park & Ride Facility
       Wallingford Elementary School    Mill River Union High School
     Wallingford Historical Society    Wallingford Rotary Club
  Wallingford Fire District No. 1          Wallingford Senior Activities       
    Energy Committee   Little Red Schoolhouse     Town Hall Auditorium Rental   Wallingford Boy's Camp (The Lodge)

Questions and/or Comments about this Web Site:  Webmaster
Town of Wallingford
75 School Street
Wallingford, VT  05773
(802) 446-2872

 © Copyright 2013 Town of Wallingford, Vermont