Results of the Wallingford Elementary School bond vote for a new pellet boiler system: Yes – 90 No- 97
The Rutland County Sheriff’s Department will be collecting unused or unwanted medication on Saturday, September 26 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Diamond Run Mall near the former X Bar Restaurant near Kmart. For more information, contact RCSD at 775-8002.
THE TOWN CLERK’S OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED FOR REGULAR BUSINESS ON
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2015 DUE TO THE SPECIAL SCHOOL BOND VOTE.
The Town Administrator’s Office will be open.
The Southwest Vermont Council on Aging can help low income residents improve the energy efficiency of their homes.
- Low income (household income of < $42,062.40) individuals – an SVCOA volunteer will go in and do a walkthrough but without the direct install of energy efficient products. Instead, the volunteer will assist the client in filling out the “Target High Use Form”. The Target High Use Form will then be forwarded on to Efficiency Vermont and BROC. Then, within 30 days of receiving the Target High Use Form, BROC will send out one of their trained volunteers to complete the direct install of energy efficient products as well as to install new appliances as needed at no cost to the client. NOTE – The appliances that may be installed under the free appliance replacement are: washing machines, refrigerators, freezers, hot water saving devices, electric hot water heaters or space heaters with new heat pump technology.
- Not low income (household income of > $42,062.40) individuals – an SVCOA volunteer will go out and complete the direct install of energy efficient products. A home energy visit involves:
- Installing low-cost energy efficient products, such as compact fluorescent light bulbs and low-flow showerheads;
- Identifying energy saving opportunities in the home, such as opportunities for replacing inefficient appliances and home weatherization; and,
- Providing seniors with resources and information to help them save more energy.
A home energy visit is not a professional energy audit, but rather a walk-through assessment. Visits are conducted by trained volunteers who have been approved by the Southwest Vermont Council on Aging. Each visit lasts approximately 1 – 1 ½ hours.All energy efficient products are provided free-of-charge to seniors.If you are interested in scheduling a visit, please contact Aaron Brush at 802-772-7835.
An informational meeting has been scheduled for Thursday, September 17 at 7 p.m. at Wallingford Elementary School for the purpose of reviewing a proposal for WES building improvements and related bond vote. The bond vote has been scheduled for Tuesday, September 22 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Town Hall.
The Selectboard approved revised zoning on August 17, 2015. The revisions take effect within 21 days unless appealed.
Invitation to Bid:
The Wallingford Fire District is currently accepting bids for snowplowing for the 2015-2016 winter season. Bids can be made as a
set rate for the season or per plow. This bid is to include the plowing of the following locations:
Pump Stations at South Main and Meadow Street,
Sewer Plant, Wallingford Lodge, Church Street
Reservoir Tank Site, and the Fire Dept. Parking Lot
All bids must be submitted by email or mail no later than September 23rd to the:
Wallingford Fire District#1
P.O. Box 87
Wallingford, VT 05773
(802) 446-2964 firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice of Public Hearing by the Wallingford Development Review Board on Monday, September 14, 2015 at 7:30 p.m. Wallingford’s DRB will review Application #15-28 from Edmund Crelin III to subdivide his property at 2239 Hartsboro Road (Parcel #0342239) into a 20.02 acre parcel and a 6.65 acre parcel with access via a private Right-of-Way. All interested parties are to be signed in and give testimony or have submitted written testimony by 7:45 p.m. on date of hearing or may forfeit their rights to appeal any decision of the DRB. The public hearing will be held at Town Offices, 75 School Street, Wallingford, VT; where copies of this application are available for review.
The Transfer Station will be open Labor Day - Monday, September 7th from noon to 5:00 p.m.
The Town Administrator will be out of the office the week of August 24 for vacation.